2015 Yemassee Writing Prizes
We’re excited to announce that submissions for our 2015 Yemassee Writing Prizes with $1750 in awards are now open!
- The 2015 William Richey Short Fiction Contest will be judged by author Aimee Bender (The Color Master, The Girl in the Flammable Skirt). $20 to enter, $1000 + publication to the winner.
- The 2015 Pocataligo Poetry Contest will be judged by National Book Award-winning poet Nikky Finney (Head Off & Split). $10 to enter, $500 + publication to the winner.
- The 2015 Inaugural Non-Fiction Contest will be judged by author Paul Bogard (The End of Night). $5 to enter, $250 + publication to the winner.
We’ve made a few changes this year — we have added a non-fiction contest and all three of our contests (the William Richey Short Fiction Contest, the Pocataligo Poetry Contest, and the Inaugural Non-Fiction Contest) are open right now until January 15, 2015. All submissions will be considered for publication in the magazine. Additionally, entrants have the option of signing up for a one-year subscription at the amazingly low price of $2!
Details & submission guidelines available on our Submittable page.
Yemassee Releases Issue 21.2!
Brand new Issue 21.2 (Spring/Summer 2014) is now available for purchase via Submittable.
Issue 21. 2 features:
- Ross White’s winning poem from Yemassee‘s 2014 Pocataligo Poetry Prize, as well as poetry from the runners-up, Catherine Bresner and Lois Harrod;
- Fiction from the runners-up in Yemassee‘s 2013 William Richey Short Fiction contest, Michael Cody and Barrett Warner;
- New fiction from Michael Czyzniejewski and Katherine Zlabek;
- New poetry from Caylin Capra-Thomas, Karen Craigo, Julie Henson, Dara Lyn-Shrager, and Rebecca Suzan Watts;
- Essays from Kat Moore and Barbara March;
- An interview with David Mitchell, author of, among other great works, the novel Cloud Atlas;
- And beautiful artwork from our featured artist, Chambers Austelle!